International conference on “World Peace and Security – Role of Islam”
Dated: 26-27 December 2017
Call for papers: World Peace and Security (WPSRI)
The Faculty of Sharia and Islamic Studies, International Islamic University Chittagong (IIUC) has the honor to invite you ( Local and International scholars, researchers, legal specialists, educators, media professionals ,other academics and intellectuals) to participate in the international conference which will be held on 26-27 December 2017/ 8-9 Rabi Al-Akhir 1429 H.
A brief summary of the conference:
It is well known that Allah has chosen Islam as his religion. He said: "Religion is with Allah, Islam" (Al-Imran: 19). "Whoever seeks a religion other than Islam will not accept it" (Al-Imran, 85). All the more particularly what Islam looks like on peace, requires a fairly impartial scan for the importance and pertinence of peace in the writings of the Qur'an and the Sunnah. One of the most important elements of Islam and its mission is the achievement of peace and security in the world. The way of life of peace, as imagined by Islam, is not constrained to a formal comprehension of idea of demilitarization, aggregate security or peace as functionalism. Islamic perspective of peace is far reaching; it is more than a no-war circumstance. Thus, International Islamic University Chittagong, Bangladesh, is based on the role and mission of Islam and its application. It has a leading role in achieving security and peace, which has been linked to all aspects of human life.
Peace activities and peace process are for the most part connected with serene settlement of question; worry for aggregate security; demilitarization; preventive strategy and unctionalism. Question and differences whether political, monetary or ideological have been by and large settled either through utilization of might and control or through arrangements, i.e. intellectual competence, intervention, up close and personal communication and exchange. For this reason such issue like World Peace and Security need to be discussed in round table discussions. Based on the University's keenness on scientific conferences and seminars, exchanging scientific and research ideas and experiences, and its keenness to carry out its scientific and research role and to achieve its mission in the service of society and the nation, and to fight extremist elements that undermine the security, safety of the country, the Faculty of Sharia and Islamic Studies felt the necessity of arranging an international scientific
Conference entitled "World peace and security- Role of Islam". Its focus is on the role of Islam and its mission in achieving and consolidating security.The conference is expected to attend by a number of scholars, researchers, legal specialists, educators, media professionals and other academics and intellectuals of home and abroadto highlight the message of Islam and its role in achieving intellectual balance and behavioral integrity.
Objectives of the Conference:
Conference Themes/ Topics :
- Protecting Islam and its message is reasonable and functional.
- Consolidate the approach of moderation in achieving security, peace and stability of the nation.
- Introducing visions and enlightened ideas that correct the course of the society and its orientations in accordance with serious seriousness.
- Statement of the aspects of Islam which affects the individual and society.
- Scientific and cultural communication between specialists and intellectuals of different tracks.
Terms and conditions :
- The role of Islam and its relationship to achieving security and peace in the world.
- The role of Islam in the achievement of intellectual security and ideological doctrine
- The role of Islam in achieving economic, social and political security.
- The role of the media in establishing security and world peace from the perspective of Islam.
- The efforts of the scholars in establishing a unified Islamic curriculum for all and spreading it locally and internationally.
- The role of university education in clarifying the concept of Islam and its message and its impact on achieving intellectual security.
- The research articles should be within one of the themes of the conference.
- All submissions will undergo a thorough blind review process and only those selected by the scientific committee for the conference will be notified to their authors by email. Decisions of the committee will be final.
- The submissions must not have been published in any form previously or submitted to any other conference or journal for consideration. By submitting to this conference the authors give the right of publication of their articles to the conference organizors.
- Featuring the title, name of the researcher, scientific title, field of work and e-mail on the first page of the research and abstract of article (for articles in Arabic should have English abstracts) on the second page.
- Articles should be submitted on : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Articles should be in English or Arabic (with English abrstracts) language.
The international conference is expected to be attended by scholars, researchers, legal specialists, educators, media professionals, other academics and intellectuals from both home and abroad.
The University will print the conference papers in a special book or publish them in one of the volumes of its scientific journal “IIUC Studies” according to the scientific research system.
The University will only bear the cost of local hospitality and internal transport throughout the conference. Apart this no other kind of travel costs will be bear by the by the University.
Important dates: :
- Deadline for submitting Abstracts: 01 September 2017
- Notification of Acceptance of Abstracts: 15 September 2017.
- Deadline for submitting Full research paper: 30 October 2017
- Notification of Acceptance of Full research paper: 20 November 2017.